Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Snapchat

I wasn't sure quite how I felt about snapchat when it first came out. Wasn't it just the same thing as sending a picture through a text message. But then I learned the joy of being able to make silly faces that could disappear. Unless someone took a screenshot, then that was just rude. Depending on my mood I still have mixed feelings about whether I'm a supporter of it or not.

However, there has been a big positive about snapchat in my life, and I was reminded of it after today's lecture in class. We talked about how media can either bring your family together or create conflict that could create a wedge. In my family, snapchat has brought us together. I've never been extremely close to my brothers, but with the joys of snapchat we have found a form of communicating that works for us. They are not always hilarious selfies, but of other things going on with our days. Whether it be work, play, or pictures of their children, it has seemed to work as a good style of communication between us. So for that, I am thankful for snapchat.

6 comments:

Hilary Kaufusi said...

Me too! love snapchat!

Unknown said...

I am the same way! I think my brother and I ONLY communicate through snap chat. Which would be REALLY sad except for we didn't communicate at ALL before. So we are definitely making some improvements.

Unknown said...

That's so cute! And yes, a lot of people totally hate snapchat, but I think it can be super useful and it's a quick and easy way to keep people informed. I love it!

Unknown said...

I have a Snapchat but rarely use it. To me I don't think it is a bad thing as long as you use it well, However, I do get really annoyed when some of my friends take multiple Snapchats of random, unimportant things that make no sense and put them on their story. It just makes me feel like they have nothing better to do than to take random pictures when they are bored.

Lisa Jean said...

I similarly have mixed feelings about snapchat. It doesn't bring me close to my family, since most of them don't use it. But I like that my friends in different states and I can use it to keep in touch and stay connected. It is very fun!

Unknown said...

Well, I've never used snapchat, so I guess I can't say if I like it or not. I think there's just a part of me that can't get over the reason why it was invented, and how even if I don't use it for that, I sonehow feel like I'm supporting the cause :/