Thursday, October 9, 2014

Entering a Different World

Do you ever find an amazing book and spend countless hours reading it until you are finished? I have this problem. When I get a good book that I become super involved with, I cannot do anything until I have finished. This has occurred way too often with all the Harry Potter series; buying the book the first night it comes out and going straight home to read it until I'm done. Forget sleeping, who needs that anyway. But do you ever get so invested that you forget about the rest of the world? It feels as if you enter a different world and the real world should just freeze. But when you're done, the world continued on without you and you're now left with a torn heart between the book world and the world around you.

Sadly though, during school, the only world I enter into while reading is that of a textbook. But every break in school allows for a time to escape reality. I countdown for that time again.


2 comments:

Caroline said...

I literally force myself to make time to read because my freshmen year I didn't and it was too hard for me to function. But I know exactly what you mean! I love when I find books that I can't put down!

Lisa Jean said...

I relate to this so much! I always say book are the best escape. I also hate when you come from reading a very sad book and then you are the only one who relates to it.