Wednesday, October 1, 2014

General Conference

I am so excited for General Conference this weekend. It is one of my favorite times of year. As I've gotten older I've noticed the different ways I prepare for the sessions. When I was younger the focus used to be which pair of pajamas I was going to wear and which coloring books I was going to use. As I've gotten older I've found more profound ways to prepare myself.

Before each new session of Conference I like to re-read all the talks from the previous one. This helps me remember what has been discussed and allows me to open my mind to more questions that I might have that could be answered in the next session. Without media, this would be impossible. We have so many options available to us with access to review counsel from our leaders of the Church. I can purchase the Conference edition of the Ensign, or download it to my phone or I-pod. There are times (like this weekend) where I am extremely grateful for media and the positive use we can use it for. And let's face it, without media, we wouldn't be able to watch Conference in the comfort of our own homes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the fact that media has been such a large influence in the church and allowing us all to view the prophet and his counsel as he speaks. The technology today astounds me, and I am so grateful we have it. As a child growing up we watched it all the time on TV, and now I am truly appreciative for that.

Unknown said...

I have been looking forward to General Conference since April! I love being able to sit down and listen to the words of the Prophet and Apostles. And how great is it that we have access to past conferences? So wonderful! Sometimes I think we take it for granted. Thanks for the reminder to watch this weekend and catch up on past talks.