Wednesday, September 24, 2014

A song to describe yourself

Today's class lecture really got me thinking about the type of music I listen to and reasoning of why I prefer a certain genre over another. I'm not the most pickiest person when it comes to types of music; there are certain types I will not listen to, but for the most part whatever comes on I'm pretty okay with listening to. I'm the worst with naming songs and the artists behind it. When I'm singing a song and someone asks me who its by, I just look at them blankly, because I honestly have no clue. (Don't worry, I'm working on it.)

So then in class when Dr. Coyne asked us to pick a song that described us, my mind went blank. I was able to come up with a few that I knew I listened to pretty frequently, because they made me happy. In thinking more about it, I don't necessarily have certain songs that I would say describe me or I listen to because they have a specific meaning. For the most part I try to listen to music that makes me feel happy and has a good message (even if I don't know all the words, I assume for the most part its good). Some of my favorite songs would be ones that remind you to make the most out of what you have in front of you and don't let anything stop you from trying your best (Defying Gravity is basically what I'm referring to).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this because I'm the same way! Still trying to narrow it down to one song that describes me, but there's no way someone has written the metaphor of my life story in a song yet. I like that you focus in on music that makes you happy - that's the most important part!