Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Media Fast Fail

For our class we were challenged to go 24 hours without media. That means no computer, cellphone, television, music, etc. I figured it would be easy enough to try it out. Boy was I wrong. For two days I was going to start the morning good and make it through with no form of media. However, the rest of either day did not go as planned. Things came up that resulted in me using my phone or computer. And driving up to Ogden was going to be a very boring ride without music.

I was thinking about this and how difficult it has become to "survive" without some form of media. It is becoming extremely easy to allow it to overtake our lives. In class yesterday we did a little self-survey to see how much media we actually use throughout our days. Yeah....my hours were higher than I wanted them to be. It can be hard to fight the use of media. So instead, my goal for this semester is to try and use media more for good. I'm going to find ways where I feel like I'm benefiting from using media and not just wasting my time away. We'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

camryn said...

It was embarrassing to take that quiz! So insightful. Thanks!